23 March 2022
As you will all be aware the Government has made some significant changes today to the COVID protection framework which will take effect before our event this weekend so we wanted to update you on the changes.
It is still important to note if you are feeling unwell on Saturday or Sunday, or if you are a household contact please DO NOT come to the venue. Please let us know if you are unable to race by emailing us email@example.com
We have always aimed to ensure that we could deliver the event at red or orange setting and set the schedule to do this, so the updates are as follows:
- The schedule will remain unchangedTransition check-in times remain the same
- You will no longer be required to scan the QR code on arrival.
- We will still have QR codes at registration but it is no longer mandatory.
- We will no longer be required to manage groups of 100 people so please bring your family and friends to watch!
- You can arrive onsite at anytime you wish and leave anytime you wish, but transition check-in times will remain.
- Wristbands will no longer be handed out at registration.
- We will now have a food vendor and coffee cart onsite, please support them as they have come on last minute to support our event!
- Registration remains the same and only on Saturday as per the following times:
- 3pm-4pm - NZ Schools
- 4pm-5pm - All other events
- 5pm-6pm - Elite (note you will be required to have your uniform and bike checked at this time)
- Mark Turner will be running transition tours. These will be on at 3:30pm and 4:30pm. Mark will give you some valuable tips for the day so please make the most of these tours.
As a reminder:
On Thursday you will receive an e-ticket for your entry. Please save this on your phone or print it out to use when you register on Saturday, this will make it a quicker process for all.
Please ensure that you have read and understood the athlete guide before coming onsite. This also acts as your full briefing prior to the event. The links to these are as follows:
Onsite you will be given a quick safety briefing prior to starting, if you have any question please ask these at the registration.
Additional key information:
- You must park as per the parking map in the athlete guides. You may only enter the venue from the zig-zag footpath off Breakwater road.
- Please be aware of athletes on the course when you are arriving
- We will not have any prize giving. We are hoping that we might be able to hand out some medals on the day as you finish, but some might need to be sent out in the mail We will keep you updated on this at registration.
- We do have some spot prizes, so check the back of your race number when you collect your race pack and if you have a red sticker please see the team for a spot prize. We have some awesome prizes thanks to ASICS and 2XU. Also note the Suzuki draw will be managed by Tri NZ post event. You are no longer required to wear a face covering at an event, however this is strongly recommended.
- We will not have any bag drop on the day.
Please note that there are going to be road works on Mount Messenger on
Thursday 24th March Saturday 26th March from 10am- 2pm. During this time the roads will be closed for maintenance so please plan around this.
We thank you for your continued support of our event and we look forward to seeing you on 27th March!