TRI Taranaki Festival Schedule
Event operation under the Traffic Light System
Updated 3 February 2022
As you will be aware New Zealand moved to the COVID Protection Framework (CPF) in December 2021, otherwise known as the traffic light system, and this framework has specific requirements for events. We have adjusted our schedule further to allow us to operate at both orange and red light settings and at the same time give certainty for people booking travel. An updated schedule can be found here and will remain the same whether we are at red of orange. The biggest change will be at orange we can have people remain onsite to spectate, whereas at red we will be moving people on and off the site to meet the governments guidelines.
Unfortunately we have had to remove the 4 Person Team Tag Relay and Fun Run from the schedule to allow us to easily manage the guidelines.
A summary of what we will be putting in place onsite is as follows, full details will be sent closer to the event with the expectations and requirements of you onsite:
- Event will operate with My Vaccine Pass requirements to allow us to operate under orange and red
- Vaccine pass to be sighted at registration, only for those NOT competing in the School Champs
- Event split into waves of under 100 competitors who will not intermingle
- No prize giving for any setting
- Spectators will be restricted to 1 supporter per participant during the red light setting (not at orange)
- No food vendors onsite
- 4 person Team Relay will be cancelled and full refund given for this event
- Registration will be spread out and specific times given for groups to register
- Zones will be setup onsite and wrist bands used to manage groups
- Competitors kit will be moved from transition, after their last transition, to the holding area at the back of the yacht club.
- Briefing will be per wave on the beach
- For our refund policy please click here
We thank you for your continued support of our event and we hope to see you on 27th March!
2019 ITU Triathlon World Cup
Gold Luke Wilan, Australia, 56:04
Silver Justus Nieschlag, Germany, 56:10
Bronze Sam Ward, New Zealand, 56:10
Gold Angelica Olmo, Italy, 1:03:27
Silver, Jolanda Annen, Switzerland, 1:03:28
Bronze, Jaz Hedgeland, Australia, 1:03:36